Video games are one of the most profitable markets in the world. Every year the video game industry makes billions of dollars in profit. Still the average video game can cost between $40 and $99. Even low-end video games can cost an average of $30. If you are a gamer, then your favorite hobby can become extremely expensive. However, there are multiple ways for gamers to save money on video games from online sales to video game coupons.
Ways to Save on Video Games:
There are a variety of ways for gamers to save money on video game purchases:
* Avoid Average Retailers. If you are searching for a particular game, going to Best Buy may not be the best solution for your wallet. Retailers often keep games at full price and even when video games go “on sale” they are on sale for only a few dollars off the original price.
* Shop Online. Websites like ebay and Amazon.com are great places to find deals on video games. Often you can get video games directly from the vendor for much less than you would at a store. There are also motivated sellers online who have too much inventory of a game or simply want to get rid of it, so they mark them down.
* Shop at Game Resale Shops. Resale organizations like Game Stop often offer video games at cheaper prices. But do your research before buying a game at these places, because they also sell games at full price.
* Shop the Clearance Section at Retail Stores. Since video games became popular enough for retailers to carry, retailers realized that high priced video game sales actually slowed after big release days faded away. Coupons are one of the main ways that retailers can get rid of low grossing games, and make room for newer ones.
* Use a Video Game Coupon. Video game coupons are available in a lot of different formats. Perform a simple online search of a video game or store name plus the word “coupon,” and you’ll find a host of websites that offer all types of coupon offers that range from a few dollars off to 70% off. It is a good idea to check if it says coupon code, promo code or redeem code beside the discount box on the stores checkout page as you will get better search results. For example if you wanted to find a coupon for GameFly you would search for something like “GameFly Coupon” or if you were using GamersGate it would be better if you used the search term “GamersGate Redeem Code”.
Types of Video Game Coupons
There is an array of video game coupons. A Google search will come up with online coupons offered by a number of video game websites, some which even specialize in coupons. Here are a few places to find some really great coupons:
* Newspapers. Not many people think of the newspaper any more, but every once in a while there will be a coupon dedicated to video games in here from retailers.
* Magazines. Video game magazines offer more than great cheats, they also give out good coupons.
* In Store. Peruse the store shelves for coupons in the game section. Many retailers have coupons attached to the shelves, games, and systems for consumers. Also check your receipt. After you make a game purchase, there is usually some type of offer to get you back in the store.
* Online. This has already been covered, but websites such as VideoGameCoupons.org are a great source to find video game coupons.
* Manufacturers Coupon. These coupons come directly from the maker of the game. You can find these inside other games or game products. These are designed to get you to buy more, so do it.
Video games are one of the top sources of entertainment on the planet, but gaming can become an expensive hobby if you purchase games for full price on launch day. Therefore many gamers are now following the steps above to get the most out of their budget.